The Royal Canadian Legion in the Western Zone of the USA including Mexico
December 22, 2016Posted by on
A Memorial Service for Frank Nash, a 65 year Legion member and WWII veteran, will be held on Saturday January 28th at 11:00 a.m. at Hope Chapel, 2420 Pacific Coast Hwy, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254.
Following the Service and a reception you are invited to attend an International Western Zone Meeting at 2:30 p.m.
July 19, 2016Posted by on
One of our members requested that we feature the Canadian Starfighter Museum in Winnipeg. Visit their webpage at:http://www.canadianstarfightermuseum.ca/
June 5, 2016Posted by on
April 28, 2016Posted by on
The Allied Veterans Council is conducting a Memorial Day Service on Monday 30 May, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. at the Live Oak Memorial Park, 200 East Duarte Road, Monrovia, CA 91016.
All interested persons are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Drinks available after the ceremony at VFW Post 2070.
July 17, 2015Posted by on
Approximately 150 Canadian veterans of World Wars I and II have rested in unmarked graves in the Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California for many years. Following a 5 year effort by Veterans Affairs Canada and the Royal Canadian Legion in California the first 10 markers have been set to honor these men and women. The balance will be set over the coming months. Now we need to find the right agency in the British Government that will do the same for their veterans that rest nearby.
April 2, 2015Posted by on
The Royal Canadian Legion plans to have a booth at the Scottish Festival in Costa Mesa on May 23rd and 24th, 2015.
Stop by our booth and pick up a traditional poppy. Check out the Scottish Festival activities at their website: http://www.scottishfest.com/
July 15, 2014Posted by on
Tom Rödl of the California Branch 156, presents a $1000 check to the Director of Child Life Services, Melissa Hebron, at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center to use for the comfort, education and entertainment of their pediatrics patients, and their families, to make their treatments successful and their time in the facility as pleasant as possible. This photo was published in a recent issue of The award winning publication, The Legion Magazine.
June 28, 2013Posted by on
Some may wonder what activities the Royal Canadian Legion does in California since we are so far from Canada.
Our main activities include:
1. On Remembrance Day a service to honor “the fallen” is held at a local American Legion hall, then on Memorial Day we hold a memorial service at the Inglewood Park Cemetery in Inglewood to honor “the fallen”.
2. Our various Branches and the Zone make donations to many different charities in the communities where funds have been raised.
3. The Inglewood Park Cemetery is the final resting place of many British Commonwealth veterans, many of these men and women fought in WWI and WWII. It was recently discovered that approximately 160 of the graves are unmarked so our Zone is working with Veterans Affairs Canada to have a headstone placed on each veteran’s grave.
4. Many of the headstones that are in place have become damaged over the years so we are working with the cemetery to have them replaced.
5. Our San Francisco Branch is deeply involved with supporting the Sea Cadets, Arkansas Division in their area.
5. We keep in touch with, and are a resource to, many living and aging veterans and their spouses that live in the Western US.
6. It takes people to do all of the above so we are always looking for new members – please consider joining us.
We Will Remember Them.
June 3, 2013Posted by on
The June 2013 issue of our US Western Zone Newsletter has just been mailed out to each of our members. The newsletter contains stories on several of our members that I know you will find very interesting. To have an early look at the issue, or to download a copy, select here: Western_Summer2013a
January 8, 2013Posted by on
The January 2013 issue of the US Western Zone Newsletter has just been mailed out to each member. It is packed with photos from our new Branch in Mexico, photos from Charles Brechin’s recent Palm Leaf award as well as some interesting historical RCL photos. To have an early look at the issue or to download a copy select here: RCL 4th qtrR1web